Why we are useing ParentPay
It’s simple, safe, convenient and your child no longer needs to carry cash into school.
The Firs Lower School is working towards no longer accepting cash or cheque for school dinners, trips, activities and wraparound care. You can make payments safely and securely online using a system called ParentPay or if you’d prefer you can use your local PayPoint.
ParentPay is an online payment system for schools. It allows parents to pay quickly and securely for school meals, trips and activities, Wraparound Care and PTA Events.
You simply top-up your ParentPay account online by debit or credit card, or in cash through PayPoint stores. Payment by standing order and faster payments will be available soon. Your ParentPay balance can be used immediately to pay for any of your children’s items at any school using ParentPay.
Introduction to ParentPay
ParentPay offers you the freedom to make payments whenever and wherever you like, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – safe in the knowledge that the technology used is of the highest internet security available. Making a payment is straightforward and ParentPay holds a payment history for you to view at a later date. Once you have activated your account you can make online payments straight away.
ParentPay will be used by the school and from 4th September 2017 this will be the only method of payment.
WHAT DOES PARENTPAY DO?
- Enables you to pay for school meals and other items such as school trips
- Offers a highly secure payment site
- Gives you a history of all the payments you have made
- Allows to create a single account login across all your children that attend a ParentPay school
- Shows you all items available for payment relevant to each of your children
- Emails a receipt of your payment to the email address you register
- Offers you the ability to set automated email/SMS payment reminders
HOW DOES PARENTPAY HELP YOU?
- Gives you the freedom to make payments to school whenever and wherever you like
- Stops you having to write cheques or search for cash to send to school
- Gives you peace of mind that your payment has been made safely and securely
- Helps with budgeting; payments are immediate, there is no waiting for cheques to clear
- Payments for many of the larger trips can be made by instalments up to the due date
- You never need miss a payment or have insufficient credit with automated email/SMS alerts
- ParentPay is quick and easy to use
HOW DOES PARENTPAY HELP OUR SCHOOL?
- Reduces the administrative time spent on banking procedures
- Keeps accurate records of payments made to every service for every student
- Payments do not bounce
- Reduces paper ‘waste’
- Allows for easy and quick refunds to be made back to the payment card
- Improves communication between the school and parents concerning payments
- Offers a more efficient payment collection process, reducing the amount of money held on school premises
- Helps us improve school-home communication with its integrated email/SMS messaging centre
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
We will send you an activation letter containing your activation username and password to enable you to setup your ParentPay account. During the activation process you will be guided through changing your username and password to something more memorable; if you have more than one child at a ParentPay school/s you can also add children to a single account providing one login for all children at ParentPay schools.
Look out for a letter from The Firs containing activation details, if you haven't received one, contact the school office to resend one, then follow the instructions in the letter.