This page is designed to update parents about Coronavirus - Covid 19, so that we can provide links to the latest information from the Government, including any advice to schools.
We will also include on this page, any information regarding The Firs and our response to the ongoing situation.
Where to find the latest information:
Updates on COVID-19:
Government Guidance for schools:
The Department for Education coronavirus (COVID-19) helpline is available to answer questions about COVID-19 relating to education and children’s social care. Staff, parents and young people can contact this helpline by calling:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm.
Government Coronavirus updates:
Symptoms to watch out for:
The most important symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of any of the following:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
In addition the CBC Local Health Team have advised that additional symptoms that may be an early warning sign of Covid 19 in children include:
- an upset stomach
- a headache
- a sore throat
- experiencing unusual fatigue
For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness.
Children are likely to become infected with coronavirus (COVID-19) at roughly the same rate as adults, but the infection is usually mild.
Responding to a suspected case of Coronavirus.
If anyone has any of the symptoms above they should self-isolate at home.
NHS advice on when people do and do not need to self-isolate:
A coronavirus test (or vaccination appointment) can be booked here:
Firs Lower School Updates:
1. 'Welcome Back To The Firs' letter (3/9/21) sets out arrangements regarding Covid 19 at the beginning of the autumn term 21. (See letter below)
2.Updated Flowchart published by CBC 1/11/21, this flowchart provides guidance to parents/carers in how to manage any SUSPECTED or CONFIRMED case of COVID-19. See pdf below.
3. Letter from Director of Public Health 2/11/21. (See below)
4. Letter setting out response from The Firs to the letter from CBC - 2/11/21. (See below)
5. Update letters sent to Pine parents and a general letter to all parents - 24/11/21
1. School Nursing service:
- Mid Beds School Nursing - Tel 0300 555 0606
- Find us online at https://www.cambscommunityservices.nhs.uk/Bedfordshire/services/school-nursing | Find us on Facebook | Follow up on Twitter
2. Information and Support for Parents and Carers document, produced by CBC is available for download... see below.
3. A very useful webpage is available, coordinated by CAMH that gives a selection of materials available online to support mental health and well-being generally and during the lockdown specifically. Also a useful document from the World Health Organisation, See document 'helping-children-cope-with-stress-print.pdf' and link below: