Welcome to Year One!
We hope you have all had a fun and relaxing summer holiday. Welcome back to school, and to your new class – Maple or Holly.
Below is some information that should help you as you settle into the new school term.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Teacher: Mrs Fuller
Senior Teaching Assistant: Mrs Ware (Friday pm)
Teaching Assistant: 1:1 Mrs Casey and Ms Hamilton (Mon-Fri)
Teacher: Miss Arulrasa
Senior Teaching Assistant: Mrs Hurrell (Friday pm)
Shared Teaching Assistant: Mrs Bell (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri) and Mrs Stephenson-White (Wednesday am)
- Please hear your child read as often as you possibly can. When you have read with them, please note down the page they are up to and any relevant comments about how you feel they are getting on with their reading in their reading logs.
- Please do not feel that you have to rush through books or read a book a night. A few pages are often enough and it is important that children have time to discuss the meaning of the book as well as being able to read the words.
Spellings will be gradually introduced during this term and Learning logs (covering a variety of subjects) will start after the October half-term. We will provide more details nearer the time.
The children will be doing PE on: Thursdays and Fridays in Maple class
Tuesdays and Fridays in Holly Class
- Please wear full P.E kit on P.E days.
- Please provide an old, oversized labelled shirt for messy Art lessons.
- If you have any concerns about your child, please contact us via email.
- Miss Wallis: email@example.com
- Miss Arulrasa: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For general queries, please contact the school office. email@example.com - 01525 402735 opt 5