Welcome to Year One!
We hope you have all had a fun and relaxing summer holiday. Welcome back to school, and to your new class – Maple or Holly.
Below is some information that should help you as you settle into the new school term.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Teacher: Mrs Brady
Senior Teaching Assistants – Mrs Baker (Monday and Wednesday pm); Mrs Hollis (Friday pm)
Teacher: Miss Wallis
Senior Teaching Assistant – Mrs Ware (Friday pm)
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Stevenson-White (am) Mrs Miller (pm)
Shared Teaching Assistants– Mrs Bell (Mon,Tues, Thurs, Fri), Mrs Lacey (Wed)
Reading books will be changed every Wednesday. Children will be given between two and four books depending on their individual needs.
- Please hear your child read as often as you possibly can. When you have read with them, please note down the page they are up to and any relevant comments about how you feel they are getting on with their reading.
- Please let us know if you feel the book is too easy or difficult for your child. Then we will re-assess their level.
- Please do not feel that you have to rush through books or read a book a night. A few pages is often enough and it is important that children have time to discuss the meaning of the book as well as being able to read the words.
- Children read daily as part of their Read, Write, Inc. session but will also be heard once every half term by their class teacher and sometimes additionally by teaching assistants and parent helpers. Please ensure that your child has their reading log and reading book in school every day so that they can be heard reading as often as possible.
Spellings will be gradually introduced during this term and Learning logs (covering a variety of subjects) will start after the October half-term. We will provide more details nearer the time.
- The children will be doing PE on: Mondays and Tuesdays in Maple class
- Wednesdays and Thursdays in Holly Class
Please ensure P.E kits are fully named and remain in school for P.E days.
- If you have any concerns about your child, please feel free to make an appointment to see us after school – or contact us via email. email@example.com
- For general queries, please contact the school office. 01525 402735
Collection arrangements for the end of the day:
Please let us know on the form below how your child will usually be collected/ by whom. It is helpful to know who will regularly by collecting your child. Please telephone the office if there are any changes.
After the children have had a few weeks to settle in, we would appreciate any offers of help with hearing readers. Please fill in the form below if you are able to help. Many thanks in advance for your support.