Additional Support for Parents and Families
We aim to support our families as much as possible and work together in the best interests of our pupils. In additional here are some external contacts which may be of use:
The Local Offer, was a significant element of the SEND reforms of 2014 - it places a requirement on local authorities to publish and make accessible a local offer of support to parents and children.
The Local Offer website is a ‘one stop shop’ for all local SEND advice, guidance, and support services. It has been redesigned and co-produced with SNAP Parent Carer Forum (SNAP PCF), an independent forum of parents and carers of SEND children in Central Bedfordshire, as well as education, health and social care professionals, parents, carers, children and young people with SEND.
As part of the redesign process, the Council listened to and incorporated feedback from families and young people to make it more engaging, easier to navigate and to ensure it contains more relevant information. Website visitors will be signposted to important information including:
- Sources of support, advice and information for children, young people and families, including supporting groups and forums
- Arrangements to identify and assess children and young people with SEND, including how an assessment can be requested
- Other educational provision, for example, leisure activities, sports and arts provision
- Arrangements for travel to and from school, post-16 settings and early year providers
- Childcare, including suitable provision for disabled children and those with SEND
- Health and development needs of children from when they are born through to when they transition into adulthood
- Support available to young people in higher education, particularly the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) and the process and timescales for making an application for DSA.
For further information, please follow our Local Offer link: https://Localoffer.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk.
You can also visit the Central Beds Local Offer Face Book Page: https://www.facebook.com/CBCLocalOffer/
Independent Parental Special Educational Advice (IPSEA)
Offers a range of services to ensure that families understand their children’s legal rights and entitlements.
contact on: 0800 0184016
link to website: IPSEA
Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing support for Children, Young People and their families.
link to website: CHUMS