Skip to content ↓
slideshow imageslideshow imageslideshow image

Other Funding

Disability Access Funding (DAF)

Parents/Carers can apply to get disability access funding if their child is aged 3 or 4 and is receiving both:

Saplings could receive £800 or more per year to help with a child’s education and support.

Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP)

Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) is an additional funding given to early years providers. Early Years Pupil Premium helps to improve the education provided to some 3 and 4-year-olds. Childcare providers can claim an additional £342 per year to spend on enriching a 3 or 4 year old child's education.

Parents/Carers will be asked to complete a Parent Declaration Form and eligibility is confirmed by Central Bedfordshire Council. The funding will be paid termly to Saplings, and we will work alongside the parents/carers to spend the money in a way that will support the child’s learning and development. 

Who can apply?

You can apply for early years pupil premium if your child is aged 3 or 4, and you get 15 hours free childcare.

You must also get at least one of the following:

You may also get early years pupil premium if your child is currently being looked after by a local authority in England or Wales or if your child has left care in England or Wales through:

  • adoption

  • special guardianship order

  • a child arrangements order

How to apply

To apply for early years pupil premium speak to your childcare provider or local council - Central Beds Early Years Pupil Premium Support

For further information on EYPP and DAF funding please visit