Our Values & Aims
Of central importance to us is the aspiration that all our children achieve the very best they are capable of, coupled with a belief in the benefits of mutual co-operation and team work, for everyone in our community. These ideas are captured in our mission statement:
‘Working together to achieve our best’
We are passionate in our determination to make The Firs a caring learning environment, where our children are excited by their learning, use their 'Growth Mindset' to achieve well, work with others successfully, develop a strong moral code and an appreciation of being part of a community.
This is what we want to CREATE for our school:
- C aring and welcoming for everyone
- R esponsibility to play our part in the team
- E ngaging and communicating positively with the whole community
- A spire to persevere and do our best
- T eaching that is fun and helps us learn.
- E very child taking pride in their learning all their life
In addition, we always think about our values in terms of our A B C...
- A sk for help if you have a problem (With your work or anything else)
- B est work and best behaviour
- C are courtesy and consideration
As a Forest School, we also greatly value opportunities for children to learn outside the classroom and the importance of ensuring that children develop an understanding of the natural world and a respect for the need to safeguard it.
In addition to these core values, every month we reflect on a different value. We believe this creates a strong learning environment that enhances academic attainment, and develops students' social and relationship skills in a powerful and lasting way. You can find out more about our values themes and how we promote 'British Values' in the ‘Our Learning’ section of our site.
The File below lists the Aims of the school, which give more information concerning the thinking which underlies our six core value statements listed above.