Our School Council
Our school council meets once a month. There are 17 children who are elected members of the school council from Year1 to Year 4. in the autumn term 2022. In between school council meetings, we have class council meetings so that all the children have a chance to share their ideas.
We are the CHAMPS
CHildren and Adults Making Plans
Each school council member has a role to play;
We have a Chairperson and Vice Chair, Secretary and Treasurer and Committee Members.
- To promote your views through discussion about issues raised by pupils and staff which affect the life of the school both in the present and in the future
- To help the people who make decisions in the school understand and respect your point of view
- To give you an opportunity to understand and participate in a democratic process
- To encourage you to understand the rights and responsibilities of citizenship in everyday life
- To enable you to participate effectively in school and debate and address issues of concern to you both in and out of school
- To enable you to become a partner in your education with staff and parents / carers
- To give you a real say in how you learn and achieve
- To promote the school's reputation and to support the school values and maintain the school ethos
- To undertake projects that will improve the quality of the school, our community and beyond.
Our Three Targets
In our school:
To try and improve the lunchtime clubs on offer
To find out what children think about their school meals
To make sure we improve our recycling in school
In our community – to support local and national charities
We are going to choose an organisation to raise awareness and funding for.