Our school council meets once a month and is led by Mrs Fossey. There are 18 children who are elected members of the school council from Pine class to Year 4. In between school council meetings we have class council meetings so that all of the children have a chance to share their ideas.
Meet the members of our school council:
We are the CHAMPS
CHildren and Adults Making Plans
Each school council member has a role to play;
We have a Chairperson and Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer and Events Manager as well as supporting roles and Committee Members.
- To promote your views through discussion about issues raised by pupils and staff which affect the life of the school both in the present and in the future
- To help the people who make decisions in the school understand and respect your point of view
- To give you an opportunity to understand and participate in a democratic process
- To encourage you to understand the negotiation of the rights and responsibilities of citizenship in everyday life
- To enable you to participate effectively in school and debate and address issues of concern to you both in and out of school
- To enable you to become a partner in your education with teachers, support staff and parents
- To give you a real say in how you learn and achieve
- To promote the school's reputation and to maintain the school ethos
- To undertake projects that will improve the quality of the school, our community and beyond.
Our Three Targets
In our school – to develop our school environment
We are going to monitor the impact of the classroom monitors, and feedback on school dinners.
We are going to work with Mrs Ware and the Rota Club to enhance our outdoor areas particularly
the wildlife garden.
In our community – to support local and national charities
We are going to choose an organisation to raise awareness and funding for.
Globally – to continue to support the work of Action Aid through Child Sponsorship
We are going to support Hay Man in Myanmar through the Action Aid charity.
We are going to learn about how things are different and the same in other places around the world,
and the impact that Action Aid can have on a community.